Saidercray Today

+++ TOPICAL NEWS +++ THOROUGH ANALYSISES +++

Friday, July 21, 2006

TWO QUESTIONS PLEASE, MR. OLD

Saidercray Today: Mr. Old, in the first part of our interview, you talked about a "very novel tax system". Could you explain this system to us?
Old: Our tax system schedules for a tax rate of 100% or, to be more precise, of 75% + 25%. This means that 75% of the money you deserve go to the state like ordinary taxes do. The remaining 25% are collected at a kind of an account of the people. Then, every inhabitant gets the same portion of the collected money. For example, if the public account contains 1,000 Thalers and there are 100 inhabitants, everyone gets 10 Thalers. By this means, we don't punish those who work hard because by their hard work, they make the public account grow. Hence, everyone, including themselves, gets more money. If we succeed, the upper and the lower class will vanish and there will only be one class at all.
ST: Mr. Old, if you become president, you will be the first black president of our country. The MPI has already called upon their adherents to vote for the MPI as a party and for you as a candidate for presidency. In how far does your origin play a role for you.
Old: Of course I know where my roots are, I know the old traditions of my family's culture, I'm proud of my origin and I try to combine living in this great land Saidercray with keeping my own culture alive. For example, my wife and me always visit the annual intercultural celebration at Amshlay, and at home, we've got a collection of black music and literature. Anyhow, I'm a Saidercrayan, I love this land where I live since the third year of my life. I don't walk around with a sign "Look at me, I'm different". I want to be seen as a man amongst thousand men, not as a black man who differs from the thousand men around him. Hence, the MPI's action is rather unpleasant to me, because if we really want to overcome discrimination against people with another complexion, we have to stop to see one's complexion as a distinctive mark.
ST: Mr. Old, thank you for your answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home